Androscoggin Valley Council of the MBOR
September Membership Meeting & Education Class
Thanks to Our Sponsors
A & L Laboratories * Mechanics Savings Bank * Mountain View Home Inspections
Thursday, September 21, 2017
7:30 a.m. – Registration
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Buffet Breakfast & Membership Meeting
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Education Class
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
14 Great Falls Plaza, Auburn
Cost: $20 per person
(Includes Breakfast Meeting Only OR Breakfast Meeting & Class)
“Well Water Testing, Pump & Filtration Education”
(Approved by the MREC for 3 hours continuing education credit)
Instructor ~ Corey Richardson; Course Sponsor ~ Dunbar Water Pumps & Filters
Here are some of the points that will be covered during the course.
- Water testing guidelines & understanding lab test results
- Water chemistry & the role Maine geology plays in ground water changes with non-system managed wells
- Water Contamination causes including lead, arsenic, & bacteria: What we can’t see, smell, or taste – prevention, & correction options – how it all works.
- Water Radon – causes, testing, prevention, & correction solutions
- Water elements that cause odor, staining, poor taste, impact on home operating systems & correction options – how it works.
- Basics of home Water Systems & Pressure Tanks
- Basics of Constant Pressure Systems & Well Pumps
How all the above subjects tie together and tips to educate homeowners with.
The Androscoggin Valley Council is asking offices and individuals to collect items and donations payable to “New Beginnings” and bring to the September 21 Membership Meeting at the Hilton Garden Inn in Auburn. Click Here to view the New Beginnings’ “Wish List” in order of necessity. Please help us support this great cause!
Registration Deadline is Tuesday, September 18, 2017
Anyone who cancels on/before the registration deadline will receive a refund.